Popular Posts

10 April 2012

Catching up

So about the whole being better at blogging thing… I’m reeeeally sorry about that. It’s already April 10th, (HOW?!) and now I’ve realized that I haven’t posted anything since February 23rd which seems like just yesterday. Since then, I’ve made it over to Morocco (incredible), Rome (with API. So awesome), London & Ireland (with my wonderful brother), and I just got back from Palma de Mallorca where I went for spring break with one of my best friends, Rachel. Whew, I cannot believe I’ve done that much just in these few short weeks that I haven’t spoken to you guys. Dios mio.
                I’ll have to do blogs later on about all those trips (I have to admit, I have not yet written any of them. I swear though that they will be written and read by you wonderful people who are following this creation of mine) Long travels short, Morocco was simply exquisite. It was so different but there were many traces of Granada in there as well. Chefchaouen aka the blue painted city was unlike anything I’d ever seen before. Rome was very cool as well. Our hotel was by Vatican City so that is where I spent a lot of time. We got blessed by the Pope at Sunday mass, saw the Vatican museum & the Sistene Chapel, the Colosseum, and the Trevi Fountain. Rome is definitely too big of a city for my liking if I were to live there or stay there for an extended period of time but it was just insane seeing all the old stuff there. It was a huge history trip (and for those fellow readers of Dan Brown’s Angels and Demons, yes I was in heaven walking around seeing all the things from the book).
                After our API trip to Rome, Italy, my brother came to visit shortly thereafter! He came at the end of March for about 2 weeks. We were in Granada for the first bit which was just lovely so he could see and experience Granada. After a few days in Granada and my midterms (yuck), we left for our 6 day trip to London and Ireland! We went to London for 2 nights where we were definitely tourists, which was totally okay with me for this trip. We saw a The Comedy of Errors at the National Theatre our first night there. The next day we were alllll over the place seeing Churchill’s War Rooms, Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London, doing the Thames River Cruise and seeing Big Ben, the parliament, and the London Eye as well. Then we moved over to Ireland going to Dublin, Galway, and Cork. Ireland was beautiful and I miss it terribly. I loved it there. In Cork, we went to Blarney Castle which was so much cooler than I ever expected. We got to climb in, around, and underneath the castle and walk around the breathtaking gardens that surrounded it. Galway was a little quaint town that was a lot of what I pictured a little Irish town to be. Dublin was a bigger city but I loved it all the same. I’m definitely going to be trying to go back there in the future.
                And then we’re at Semana Santa! Otherwise known as Holy Week in Spain. I was in Granada until Wednesday of Semana Santa so I was able to see some of the spectacular processions before I left for the island life. And the processions were just that, nothing short of spectacular. I have pictures that will be up soon. So happy that I got to see them in Granada because we stumbled upon one while we were in Palma and didn’t have anything on Granada’s.  I then left a rainy Granada (yeah, first time it rained in a looooong while) for a sunny Palma de Mallorca. Rachel and I went to visit our friend Kristen from last semester who is studying in Palma right now and also to meet up with her aunt and uncle who were in Palma for a bike camp. We had such a fantastic, relaxing week. We strolled around Palma and spent our last 2 days at the beach.
                Now I’m back in Granada for a good bit. I have not further trips planned except for our last excursion with API to Cadiz in May. I might take some day trips here and there but I’m going to enjoy being in Granada for these last 6 weeks too. Time has FLOWN and I am not liking it one bit. I’m grateful for these past 7 months I’ve been given but am terribly sad that I only have a month and a half left here. I can’t quite fathom leaving yet.
                I’m off to hit the sack before my second day of class back after break tomorrow.

Besos y abrazos a todos
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment