Popular Posts

01 January 2013

Feliz año nuevo!

Happy New Years, everybody!



I just want to say thank you for all of you following my blog during my travels. 2012 has been such a great year, filled with every type of emotion. This first part of the year was my second semester abroad where I made best friends and incredible memories that I won't soon forget. Even though reverse culture shock coming back after studying abroad can be difficult, if any of you are thinking about studying abroad or even traveling, just go and do it. This past year changed my life forever and I couldn't be more grateful. Be active and talk to your study abroad office about making it happen. There are tons of scholarships and choices of subjects to study while abroad that it can fit in almost anyone's schedule. It is SO worth it.


As a quick update, I will be graduating this spring! I am very excited and currently making plans for after graduation that involve moving back to Spain for a little. I am applying to go to the University of Alcalá, outside of Madrid, to receive my Master's in International Education. So, keeping my fingers crossed! 


Hope you had a great New Year's Eve! Here's a little fun fact about NYE in Spain to leave you with: 

On New Years Eve in Spain, they have a tradition where, when the clock strikes 12, every second after that, you need to eat one grape. That's right, 12 grapes in 12 seconds! In the supermarkets they even sell little cans full of exactly 12 grapes for this fun tradition.  


Hasta pronto!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment