Popular Posts

18 December 2011

1 week left!

**Originally written in my journal on 14 december 2011. Just now being documented via the computer **

I leave in one week. How?! It's crazy because these past couple of days have been just so amazing. On Saturday, I went on a random intercambio with a guy I met at a bar except not quite an intercambio because he doesn't speak Engligh. Rachel P and Allyson came with and we all went to tapas and then to watch the Barça and Madrid game (Barça won!!!) It went very well! He speaks very fast with a very heavy Andaluz accent so it was good practice. Also! I now have my first apartment option! His childhood friend is looking for 2 people in her apartment for next semester. Rachel P and I are going to take a look at it tomorrow. I'm excited! I also found another option last night at Hannigan's Christmas dinner. She knows some of the workers at Hannigan's so we started chatting and it turns out she is leaving Spain at the end of January and will need someone to fill her spot too! She's from Italy but has been living in Spain for the past 2 years. I'm going to go see this apartment next week right before I leave. I'm so excited and I think it's so cool that I'm apartment hunting for the first time in España! It'll be interesting to do it my first time in a different language. Yay!

Well like I said before, such a good last week and a bit. Last night I was at Hannigan's Christmas dinner that was so much fun. It felt like a great big family meal. I'm so happy that I'm still meeting new people even though there are only a few days left of this semester plus with apartment hunting and then going home in SEVEN days.

I'm sad to say 'hasta luego' to all my amazing friends here that aren't staying the year. At the same exact time though, I cannot wait for next semester. It's going to be amazing, I just know it! I'm so lucky to have another 4 months in the great place.

Looking forward to another semester of crazy adventures and learning and memories.

xoxo a todos!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment