Popular Posts

22 December 2011

Back in Media, PA, USA

I'm back in the United States of America! After starting my journey home at 11:45pm on Tuesday, December 20th with a 5 hour bus ride to Madrid, too many goodbyes and 5 more hours in the Madrid airport plus a final 9 hour flight home, I was greeted by my dad and brother at Philadelphia International Airport around 5pm on Wednesday, December 21st. Everything went as smoothly as it could have. On my flight into Philly we were put on a few holding requests so, according to my GPS map on my personal screen on my seat that showed our journey on a map, we were making some circles around southern New Jersey for 20 minutes. Before heading home, we went to Vinnie's for dinner! I got one of my favorites--chicken cheesesteak with onions and mushrooms with a Dr. Pepper :) Boy was I a happy camper heading home after that.

          Right now, I feel like Spain was one of those dreams that is so realistic but went by so fast, you're not quite sure if it's real. I'm thinking back on my four months and all I did and it just seems like a dream! I really cannot get over it. I don't know if I've fully realized that everyone I said goodbye to, I won't be seeing this weekend in the streets of Granada. They are some of the most amazing people I've ever met and could have spent these past 4 months with. Granada has my heart and the city is incredible but it wouldn't be half of what it is to me without the all the people I met because of it. I could not imagine not being able to go back for another 4 months-- I am thrilled with my decision of staying a year. I cannot wait for another semester of more traveling, learning, exploring, and creating memories.

          But right now, IT'S NAVIDAD! I'm home with my family and friends and I love it. It was incredible to see my family again. Today, I'm off to get my hairs cut and stop by work--I start back up again tomorrow! Then maybe lunch with my dad and brother y luego, decorating the Christmas tree! My family has a tradition that wherever we travel to, we get an ornament or something that can be made into an ornament. I have my ornament all ready to be put up (I'll share what it is later, considering my family doesn't know what it is yet!). I also have all my regalos de Navidad that I need to wrap to be put under the tree for Sunday aka Navidad!

          Here's to a sure to be amazing 3 weeks in Media and then a one week vacation to PITT!


Happy Holidays, everybody!!!

Besos,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment